The tutoring service is offered in person or online via Zoom. The process remains the same. For online tutoring sessions, tutors will send the link before the meeting to access the tutoring session.
La Cité offers tutoring services for French learners. With your tutor’s assistance, you’ll be able to expand your knowledge and achieve better results in your courses. In a tutoring session, you can:
- Review grammatical concepts
- Practice spoken French
- Receive advice on the structure and syntax of your assignments
Note that tutors cannot correct or do your assignments or prepare lessons.
Information for University Students
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 p.m. (in person) and 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. (virtual)
Cost: free for all University of Regina students taking at least one credit course in French
Location - Student Services Centre (CT 220), second floor, La Cité or online
Reserve a tutoring session
Click here to reserve a tutoring session.
Login to your student profile at any time to reserve a tutoring session. It’s best to plan your reservations in advance to ensure that a tutor will be available to assist you.
Plan in advance: You cannot book a tutoring session for the same day.
The deadline for booking a tutoring session for the next day is 4 p.m.
Cancel Your Booking
To avoid penalties, a tutoring session must be cancelled by 4 p.m. on the day prior to the appointment.
Login to your student profile to cancel a session online or contact the Student Services Centre.
Avoid penalties: If you forget to cancel or fail to show up for your tutoring session without notice, fees of $20/hour will be billed to your student account.
You will have to pay the penalty in order to be able to use the tutoring service again.
Prepare for Your Session
La Cité’s tutoring service is an educational service, not a correction service. Tutors are not there to correct or do your work, but to assist with your education by answering questions and steering you in the right direction. Therefore, you should arrive prepared for your session.
Before Your Session
- Make an appointment with a tutor in advance
- Allow for a number of meetings with your tutor for a long assignment
- Do a preliminary self-correction
- Prepare a list of questions
During Your Session
- Show up on time (five minutes before the scheduled start time)
- Bring the directives and requirements for the assignment
- Bring the necessary class material (workbook, textbook, etc.)
- Set precise goals and communicate them to the tutor
- Ask for grammatical explanations and exercises to gain a better understanding of the subject
- Take notes on important points raised during the session
King George Acquah
Tutoring services Manager
|Students Service Centre