La Cité provides English to French and French to English translation services for students, university faculty and staff and the Fransaskois community agency or association.
We give preference to translators and interpreters in Saskatchewan but reserves the right to call upon other professional associations throughout Canada when necessary. We generally use the services of certified translators.
Clients who wish to have a document translated should take into account the necessary timeline for the translation while the original document is still being prepared. It is strongly advised to contact the translation department as soon as possible to:
- Establish a timeline;
- Set an estimate;
- Give the department enough time to assemble a translation team, if necessary;
- Designate a contact person for the project.
While last-minute changes may occur, clients are asked to keep modifications to a minimum and to send the final draft to the translation department.
All changes to the original text which require a reworking of the translation will be subject to excess charges. In the case of large projects, clients may send in the document by finalized sections.Revisions for final proofs can also be negotiated.
NOTE: The translator is only responsible for the translation delivered to the client, and will be in no way held accountable for changes in French or English made by the client after delivery.
To promote the use of French on the University of Regina campus, La Cité translation department offers professional services at a rate below the translation market standard.
- General rate: $0.22/word
- Minimum rate: $50
- Student rate: $0.15/word (translation of official documents – transcripts, diplomas, birth certificates, etc.)
* Administrative charge of 10% of the total cost.
These rates are given as a reference only and are subject to change without prior notice. Short deadlines and subject matter requiring in-depth research may lead to increased rates.
If the project volume or deadline requires La Cité to use the services of freelance translators, the rate will be set according the market price.
If you require a translation in a different language combination, please go to the website of the Association of Translators & Interpreters of Saskatchewan (ATIS). ATIS is an affiliate of the Canadian Translators, Terminologists and Interpreter’s Council (CTTIC).
All ATIS members are bound to ATIS’ Code of Professional Ethics, and commit to:
- Accepting full responsibility for their work;
- Not claiming any skills or qualifications that they do not possess and accepting work only in the fields in which they are competent;
- Respecting the interests of their clients and considering as confidential all the information to which they have access;
- Not using such information to the detriment of their clients or to their own advantage or that of a third party.
|La Cité universitaire francophone|
|firstname.lastname@example.org | 306.585.4828|