Oral Communication Classes
Improve your French communication skills! Do you want to be able to order a drink on a patio, have a conversation with your children who are in French immersion, or listen to a French radio program?
The French as a second language learning program can help you, whatever your starting level. Adult students, from beginner to proficient levels, have access to courses suited to their needs.
These courses are designed for adults (age 18 and up) wishing to learn or improve their French.
Our approach? Comprehension and spoken expression through practice, without neglecting good grammar usage. Students are grouped according to their skill level, determined using the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (6 levels, from A1 to C2).
|A1, A2||Saturday - 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||September 14 to December 14*|
|A1, A2||Tuesday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||September 24 to December 11|
|B1, B2||Wednesday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||Septembre 25 to December 11|
|C||Thursday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||September 26 to December 12|
*No classes on October 12th and November 9th
Registration Deadline: September 3, 2019
|A1, A2||Saturday - 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||January 11 to April 4*|
|A1, A2||Tuesday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||January 14 to April 7|
|B1, B2||Wednesday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||January 15 to April 8|
|C1||Thursday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||January 16 to April 9|
*No classes February 15th
Registration Deadline: December 20, 2019
|A1, A2||Saturday - 9 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.||April 18 to June 27*|
|A1, A2||Tuesday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||April 21 to June 23|
|B1, B2||Wednesday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||April 22 to June 24|
|C1||Thursday - 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.||April 23 to June 25|
*No classes May 16
Registration Deadline: April 3, 2020
What’s my language level?
If you’ve never taken non-credit French courses from La Cité, or if the last course you took was over two years ago, you are required to take a placement test to determine your level. The test is conducted by telephone and takes about 20 minutes. If you have never studied French, you will automatically be placed in the A1 – Beginner level.
Format of A1 (beginner) to C2 (proficient) courses
- 2 ½ hours of classes
- once a week
- over 12 weeks (total of 30 hours)
- cost: $385 (materials not included)
A pedagogical approach focused on:
- pedagogical strategies and formulas that facilitate language learning;
- grammatical exercises;
- diverse and dynamic educational activities;
- varied word games and activities aimed at familiarizing students with Francophone culture.
The range of courses offered includes practical workshops that let students put into practice what they have learned. In addition, all our courses are offered by qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic instructors.
Course levels in detail
Learn more about the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
The Common European Framework of Reference:
- provides a standard for grading an individual's language proficiency according to 6 reference levels (novice to advanced)
- provides objectives according to 5 competencies (reading, writing, listening, speaking and oral interaction)
- adopts an action-oriented approach (action or task-based learning)
- regards language users as social agents who develop general and particular communicative competencies while trying to achieve their everyday goals
|French Training Centre|
|centreFR.email@example.com | 306.337.2616|