Learn & Travel
Have the experience of a lifetime!
You will gain valuable work experience, a better understanding of your own or a different culture and establish lifelong friendships.
Study Abroad in French
Study Abroad Programs open gateways to the world!
For many students, participating in a student exchange is one of the highlights of their university career. Below are areas where you can study abroad, travel and be immersed in a francophone environment. The possibilities are endless, so go on - an adventure awaits you!
Where can you go?
- Université Aix-Marseille (Aix-en-Provence)
- ICN Business School, Nancy-Metz (Metz)
- Institut d'Études Politiques de Rennes (Rennes)
- Lile III - Université Charles de Gaulle (Villeneuve d'Ascq)
- Pierre Mendès France - Université de Grenoble (Grenoble)
- Université d'Angers (Angers)
- Université de Bretagne, Sud (Vannes)
- Université de Caen (Caen)
- Université Catholique de l'Ouest (Angers)
- Université de Franche-Comté (Besançon)
- Université du Havre (Le Havre)
- Université Jean Monnet de Saint-Etienne (St. Etienne)
- Université de Nantes (Nantes)
- Université de Nice (Nice)
- Université Paul Valéry - Montpellier III) (Montpellier)
- Université de Picardie Jules Verne (Amiens)
- Université de Rennes (Rennes)
- Université de Toulouse II, Le Mirail (Toulouse)
- Université Catholique de Louvain (Louvain-La-Neuve)
- Université de Fribourg, Suisse (Fribourg)
You can download this list with more pertinent details below:
Many scholarships are available exclusively for students studying in French, check it out!
UR International's Study Abroad
UR International's Study Abroad Programs open gateways to the world!
Immersion in France
Learn French in France with Accent Français: french immersion programs in Montpellier, in the south of France!
If you are seeking to learn, perfect or update your French, Accent Français can accommodate you for a week or for several months and welcomes students of all ages and levels in Montpellier (Region Languedoc). You will find all year round courses adapted to your needs:
- Standard French Course
- Intensive French Course
- Private Courses - 20 & 30
- Long-term French Course
- French & Modules
- Training for Teachers of French
- French course for Exam Preparation
- French University Preparation
- French & Cooking Course
- French Course & Cultural Program
- Bonjour la France
Accent Français offers personalized and high quality service in a warm and friendly atmosphere (accommodation attendance, pedagogical follow-up, activities department).
Thanks to Accent Français' activities program renewed every week, you will have the opportunity to discover Montpellier, capital of Languedoc, a dynamic city full of culture, and located in one of the most genuine region of France.
For more information, contact:
7 rue de Verdun
34000 Montpellier - France
Tel: 0033 (0)467 58 12 68
Fax: 00 33 434 221 164
EXPLORE Program at Gaspé (Québec)
EXPLORE Program - Learn French and travel across Canada
Discover another region of Canada while learning French!
Explore offers you five weeks to make discoveries, meet new people, and exchange ideas in a stimulating environment for learning your second language. Experience something new. Discover your country and your personal capabilities!
Knowing a second language is essential — and French can help you get around almost anywhere in the world. So why not seize this opportunity to increase your chances of having the best possible future?
Explore is a five-week intensive language-learning course. You can take the course in the spring or summer, whichever you prefer.
Participants in Explore receive a $2,200 bursary (taxable income) that covers tuition fees for the course, instructional materials, meals, and accommodation. The educational institution you will be attending receives the bursary directly.
Bursaries are awarded by random selection, based on provincial and territorial allotments and institutional quotas
Where to Explore?
Over 19 institutions from coast to coast offer Explore in the spring or summer. It’s your choice!
Interprovincial Student Mobility (ACUFC)
ACUFC: the strong and collective voice for francophone community colleges and universities in Canada!
The Association des collèges et universités de la francophonie canadienne (ACUFC) facilitates student exchanges between its member institutions and universities in Quebec under the Quebec Action Plan on the Canadian Francophonie and with the financial support of Canadian Heritage and Quebec’s Secretariat on Canadian Intergovernmental Affairs.
The ACUFC encourages academic mobility in Canada by facilitating student exchanges between its member institutions and universities in Quebec.
Bursaries are offered to cover travel and living expenses, as well as a lump sum to purchase required books, supplies and materials. The ACUFC offers student exchange bursaries of $5,000 each. Students wishing to take part in the exchange program must first determine their eligibility.
The principal objectives of the ACUFC’s mobility program are:
- to strengthen ties between Canada’s Francophone minority communities and those in Quebec, thus increasing the sense of belonging to the Canadian Francophonie;
- to allow students to complete their university education and personal development in another Francophone cultural context.
- Université de Moncton
- University of Ottawa
- Saint Paul University
- Université de Hearst
- Glendon Campus - York University
- Laurentian University
- Université de Saint-Boniface
- La Cité universitaire francophone de l’Université de Regina
- Campus Saint-Jean - University of Alberta
- Simon Fraser University
Participating Quebec Universities
- Université de Montréal
- Université de Sherbrooke
- Université Laval