Test d'évaluation de français (TEF)
- Exam Overview
- Fees and Payment Methods
- TEF Prep Course
- General Conditions
The TEF Canada is a general French test intended to assess the French-language knowledge and skill level of Francophones and individuals whose first language is not French.
The TEF Canada is recognized as proof of language ability by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) for the purposes of permanent residence and Canadian citizenship applications.
The TEF Canada consists of four tests:
- Written comprehension (classroom test on a computer) 60 minutes, 50 questions
- Oral comprehension (classroom test on a computer) 40 minutes, 60 questions
- Written expression (classroom test on a computer) 60 minutes, 2 subjects
- Oral expression (individual recorded test in front of a local examiner followed by an examiner from Français des affaires) 15 minutes, 2 subjects
For various reasons, candidates may choose the tests they wish to take according to their needs without having to do all the tests.
For more details on scorecards and duration of the tests, please refer to the CIC Paris Île-de-France website.
August 30, 2023 -Full
September 27, 2023
October 25, 2023
November 22, 2023
December 20, 2023
January 24, 2024
February 21, 2024
March 20, 2024
April 17, 2024
May 22, 2024
June 19, 2024
Please allocate half the day to complete the tests, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Please arrive at least 15 minutes early for proof of identification and to have your photo taken. Depending on the availability of the staff, it may be possible to arrange with La Cité / French Training Centre a different test date.
|TEF Canada or TEFAQ||$425|
* The applicable goods and services tax (GST) are included in the examination fees.
Exam fees must be paid at the same time as registration. Registration will not be considered complete until the payment has been processed.
Fees can be paid by the following options:
· Online payment on registration site
· By cheque, debit, credit card through University of Regina Financial Services (an invoice must be created if you request this option).
* Visa, Mastercard, credit card, debit card, certified cheques and personal cheques accepted.
** Mailing address : La Cité universitaire francophone, University of Regina, 3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, Saskatchewan,, Canada, S4S 0A2
Your photo will be taken on the morning of the day of the test session. This is a requirement as part of the test process under the rules established by CIC.
Once your registration form and payment have been received, you will receive a registration acknowledgment via e-mail, as well as a link to the Candidate’s Handbook. You will also receive your official examination notice a few days before the test.
You must register at least 10 days before the test.
- October 25, 2023
- November 22, 2023
- December 20, 2023
- January 24, 2024
- February 21, 2024
- March 20, 2024
- April 17, 2024
- May 22, 2024
- June 19, 2024
In addition to the free mobile application, Français 3.0, candidates may complete an online training course for €39 (approximately $60). The course includes 15-20 hours of work in preparation for all parts of the tests.
For registration: https://prepmyfuture.com/fr/tef
Following the TEF, a personalized certificate will be issued by email only. You will receive your certificate 5-7 weeks after the examination.
You may retake one or more TEF tests if you are not satisfied with your previous results. However, you must wait two months before registering for another session. For E-TEF purpose, all tests must be redone.
- Full payment is required at the time of registration;
- A non-refundable fee of $75 will be retained in the event the candidate withdraws or changes sessions before the registration deadline;
- No refunds will be given or session changes accepted after the registration deadline except for a serious substantiated reason (medical certificate etc.) or in the event of cancellation by La Cité universitaire francophone at the University of Regina, in which case another examination date will be offered or a full refund made;
- It is the sole responsibility of the candidate to register for the examination most appropriate to him or her. La Cité at the University of Regina and its employees are not held responsible for the choice of registration made by the candidate.
The University of Regina offers students and guests short-term accommodation solutions at very competitive prices. To book a guestroom at the University of Regina, visit www.uregina.ca/student/residence/hotel/ and fill in the Booking Form as requested.
Restaurants are available close by at intersection of Kramer and Wascana Parkway boulevards . Luther College cafeteria is also open to the public.
|French Training Centre|
La Cité: 306 585-4828
French Training Centre Coordinator: