La Cité universitaire francophone constitutes the main hub for French-language university programming, research and services offered at the University of Regina and across the province.
The mission of La Cité universitaire francophone is to fulfill the university education needs of Saskatchewan’s Francophones, whatever their first language. La Cité plays an active role in the cultural, linguistic and professional development of the Fransaskois community by offering credit and non-credit courses and programs.
In this context, La Cité initiates, encourages, develops and supports research and the dissemination of academic work in French on issues of concern for Francophone minority communities. La Cité fosters an accessible and stimulating Francophone environment and living space on the University of Regina campus.
- To offer university education in French in Saskatchewan.
- To support learners by making available to them personalized academic advising and professional development tools as well as services in French.
- To offer innovative experiential opportunities based on pedagogical principles that are interactive, dynamic and stimulating for the student.
- To support research that will contribute to the vitality of the Fransaskois community.
- To offer an environment within the University of Regina that enhances the cultural and linguistic identity of the Fransaskois.
- To promote the growth and development of French language and culture in Saskatchewan.