General Admission Requirements


Admission requirements by country


Before arriving, you mus complete the following steps:

*We will issue a conditional letter of admission until you complete your test


Submit documents to:
International Admissions Office CW 127
University of Regina
3737 Wascana Parkway
Regina, SK CANADA S4S 0A2
Fax: 1-306-337-3128


The original copies of your documents are required once you arrive in Regina. If your documents are in neither English nor French, please submit a certified translation.

Transfer credit may only be awarded when post-secondary documents are sent directly to the institution, in a scealed enveloppe. A courier service is available for a $100 fee.




La Cité

BA, Certificate

Faculty of Education

Le Bac

Fall (September start) March 1 March 1
Winter (January start) September 1 September 1
Spring/Summer (May-August start) February 1 N/A


Master of Arts in French Studies: No deadline (applications will be processed on a rolling basis)

Maîtrise en éducation française (starts 2019): February 15, 2019


For more information related to admission requirements at the University of Regina, click here

Please note that if you have been admitted to La Cité universitaire francophone via Campion College, First Nationals University of Canada or Luther College, you must consult them to obtain your student records.

Study Permit

You must obtain a study permit prior to studying in Canada. Once you have received your admission letter from the University of Regina, you may submit your request for a study permit and temporary resident visa. Please note that you must apply early to avoid delays.

Once your study permit has been approved, you will receive a letter for your visa. You must bring this letter with you on the plane and present it to the immigration officer once you arrive in Canada. This is when you will receive your study permit.

Temporary Resident Visa

There are two temporary resident visa types:

  1. Single-entry visa
  2. Multiple-entry visa

Please ensure your visa is up-to-date and renew it before the expiry date.

You can apply for a study permit and temporary resident visa at your nearest Canadian embassy or consultate. Please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for more information.

Need Tutoring? The tutoring service is free for all University of Regina students taking at least one French course.