Who can use the public tutoring service?
- Students in grades 1 to 12 from: Francophone schools, immersion schools or core French program schools
- Students from institutions other than the University of Regina
- Adults taking a credit or non-credit class in French
Monday to Friday
In-person sessions: 4:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Virtual tutoring: 8:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m
*No tutoring service is available on holidays.
Tutoring sessions vary in length from 30 to 60 minutes, depending on the student’s needs and tutor availability.
Meet your tutor 5 minutes before the beginning of your session in the gallery of La Cité universitaire francophone on the second floor of the Language Institute Building.
- Full time Students: $20/hour
- Students and adults 18 and over: $25/hour
Tutoring sessions can be given individually or in a small group. Maximum of 3 students per session.
Create your student profile
Using the public tutoring service is simple! Register in the on-line reservation system by creating a student profile. Students under the age of 18 have to be represented by an adult.
Your student profile permits you to:
- Reserve a tutoring session
- Consult your reservations calendar
- Cancel a tutoring session
Make a reservation online
Login to your student profile to reserve a tutoring session at any time. It’s best to plan your reservations in advance to ensure that a tutor will be available to assist you.
Plan in advance:
You cannot reserve a tutoring session for the same day.
The deadline to reserve a tutoring session for the next day is 4 p.m.
Public tutoring sessions are payable by Visa, MasterCard or American Express through the University of Regina’s online payment service. You will be automatically directed when you make a reservation.
The session fee must be paid within one hour of making the reservation or it will be cancelled.
Cancel your reservation
To avoid penalties, a tutoring session must be cancelled by 4 p.m. on the day prior to the appointment.
If you forget to cancel or neglect to show up for your tutoring session without notice, you are obligated to assume the cost of the tutoring session. There are no refunds.
Be on time for your session. If you expect to be a little late, advise the Student Services Centre by telephone or e-mail. Tutors wait a maximum of 15 minutes before cancelling the tutoring session. After this waiting period, you are obligated to pay the penalty.
Prepare for your session
The tutoring service is an educational service, not a correction service. Tutors are not there to correct or do your work, but to assist with your education by answering questions and steering you in the right direction. You should therefore arrive prepared for your session.
Before a session:
- Make an appointment with a tutor in advance
- Allow for a number of meetings with your tutor for a long work
- Do an initial self-correction
- Prepare a list of questions
During the session:
- Show up on time
- Bring the directives and requirements for the work
- Bring the necessary class material (workbook, textbook, etc.)
- Set precise goals and communicate them to the tutor
- Ask for grammatical explanations and exercises to achieve a better understanding of the subject
- Take notes on important points raised during the session
The Student Services Centre is pleased to offer a new on-line tutoring service for University of Regina students and the general public.
Enjoy the greater flexibility of virtual tutoring by meeting with your tutor in the comfort of your home using our interactive platform. The virtual tutoring service is particularly well-suited to students with travel constraints or busy schedules.