This department was established to promote the use of French on the University of Regina campus and to allow students to receive services in the language of their choice. Professors who teach courses in French have access to teaching material in French. Individuals involved in research projects funded by national grants may also benefit from our translation services (e.g. a department organizing a national conference).
La Cité's translation department also works with the University of Regina’s Marketing and Student Recruitment Department to increase awareness among new students of the programs offered by the Department of French and the Baccalauréat en éducation.
La Cité also provides proofreading services to any Fransaskois community agency or association with which it organizes an activity involving the publication of advertisements or other documents.
La Cité gives preference to translators and interpreters in Saskatchewan but reserves the right to call upon other professional associations throughout Canada when necessary. La Cité's translation department generally uses the services of certified translators.
All ATIS members are bound to ATIS’ Code of Professional Ethics, and commit to:
- Accepting full responsibility for their work;
- Not claiming any skills or qualifications that they do not possess and accepting work only in the fields in which they are competent;
- Respecting the interests of their clients and considering as confidential all the information to which they have access; not using such information to the detriment of their clients or to their own advantage or that of a third party.
- Establish a timeline;
- Set an estimate;
- Give the department enough time to assemble a translation team, if necessary;
- Designate a contact person for the project.
All changes to the original text which require a reworking of the translation will be subject to excess charges. In the case of large projects, clients may send in the document by finalized sections.Revisions for final proofs can also be negotiated.
NOTE: The translator is only responsible for the translation delivered to the client, and will be in no way held accountable for changes in French or English made by the client after delivery.
- General rate: $0.22/word (starting October 1, 2012)
- Minimum rate: $50
- Student rate: $0.15/word (translation of official documents – transcripts, diplomas, birth certificates, etc.)
* Administrative charge of 10% of the total cost.
These rates are given as a reference only and are subject to change without prior notice. Short deadlines and subject matter requiring in-depth research may lead to increased rates.
If the project volume or deadline requires La Cité to use the services of freelance translators, the rate will be set according the market price.
For more information, contact: