A1 - Beginner
Oral communication courses at La Cité follow a pedagogical approach based on:
- Strategies to facilitate communication and language learning
- Grammatical exercises
- Communicative and experiential activities
- Language games and cultural activities focusing on the Francophone world
Specifically, the A1 level will prepare you to:
- use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases;
- introduce oneself and others and ask and answer questions about personal details, such as where one lives, people one knows and things one has;
- interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly.
Quality instruction and educational activities
All our courses include practical application workshops and are offered by qualified, dynamic and enthusiastic instructors.
Instruction is based on an experiential communicative approach that places students at the centre of their learning.
$330 (includes course materials)
- The A1 level is intended for adults, aged 18 and up, who have little or no knowledge of French.
- Those with some knowledge of French will have to pass an oral placement test. Those with no previous knowledge of French will automatically be placed in A1.
12 weeks | Tuesdays or Saturdays
|Tuesdays||6 pm - 8:30 pm|
|Saturdays||9 am - 11:30 am|
Tuesday, September 19 and Saturday, September 23, 2017
Tuesday, December 5 and Saturday, December 16, 2017
(no class on October 7, 2017)
From Tuesday January 16 to Tuesday April 10, 2018
(No class on February 20, 2018)
From Saturday January 13 to Saturday April 14, 2018
(No class on February 17 and March 31, 2018)