It’s not always easy for students to make a discerning career choice. Our mentoring program allows you, as Francophone students at the University of Regina, to benefit from privileged access to an experienced resource person in order to discuss your plans and aspirations and profit from a wealth of life experience.
We offer two types of mentoring:
The student mentoring program is a form of mutual support that contributes to student success. The student mentor helps integrate new students on campus, promotes a positive university experience and encourages engagement and academic success.
You will receive considerable support from your mentor on the professional and personal levels with the goal of making your integration into the labour market easier and providing you with a better understanding of the realities connected with your career choice.
Become a mentor
Become a student mentor!
Students who would like to take on the role of mentor must meet the following criteria:
- have finished one complete full-time university year
- be well acquainted with the campus, its faculties and the services offered
- be available for a minimum of 1 hour of mentoring weekly
- have a good academic record
- take part in mentoring training sessions
Become a career mentor!
Students who wish to take on the role of career mentor must possess:
- A desire to share your knowledge and contribute to students’ growth
- Enjoyment in taking on challenges
- Expertise in the field
- Communications skills
- Honesty and openness
- Availability and commitment
For more information, please contact
Student Services Centre
La Cité universitaire francophone
Language Institute Building - LI 220.4.1
306.337.3280 | email@example.com