Research Internship Program
The internship is also open to community researchers with independent research experience.
The internship is taking place between May and August and is eligible for funding up to $5,000.
N.B.: Transportation expenses for candidates from outside Saskatchewan are not covered by the CRFM. A number of universities and governments offer travel bursaries.
To be admissible, projects must deal with a subject related to one of the following issues:
- Transmission and expansion of heritage
- Language, socialization, and learning
- Cultural and national inclusion and differentiation
- Community engagement and development;
- Or the CRFM’s other research spheres.
Projects must also:
- Include an empirical component centered on a population or community organization (may also include work with the archives);
- Include a partnership with a community organization (in development, but to be expected);
- Begin with the research topic specific to the student and evolve to also include a topic specific to the community or an organization.
Furthermore, projects must meet the University of Regina’s research ethics requirements. The offer will be conditional upon approval by the research ethics board.
- Candidates must be Permanent Residents of Canada or Canadian Citizens.
- Master’s or doctoral students whose research topic is in keeping with the CRFM’s research spheres and who could benefit from community immersion;
- Community researchers with independent research experience
Interns will receive:
- Community contacts from the CRFM;
- Logistical support from La Cité universitaire francophone;
- Work space;
- Opportunities to discuss and present their research;
- Interns will also become associate members of the CRFM until they receive their degree.
Interns agree to:
- Write a report summarizing the results of research undertaken during the internship;
- Present a public talk at La Cité and/or in the community;
- Write and submit an academic work (lecture, article, research note);
- Provide the CRFM with the later results of their research (dissertation, thesis, articles, etc.).
Candidates must submit their application form to the CRFM (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with a cover letter by February 23, 2018 at the latest. Any questions may be submitted to the CRFM in the same way.
Please note that the research interships are subject to funding.
To prepare an application, download and complete the form below: