TFI - Test international de français
The Test international de français (TFI™) evaluates the French level of non-francophones. This multiple choice test assesses a candidate's ability to understand, speak, read and write French as it is used in the international workplace. This test opens opportunities for programs of study or for employment.
The TFI test is a product of Educational Testing Service (ETS), developer of psychometric tests such as the SAT, TOEFL and TOEIC.
The TFI proves your ability in French as it:
- is an indicator of your ability in French, and can be useful when applying for jobs and asking for a promotion at work.
- proves your ability to follow a training course in French.
- helps chart your progress in French
And consider this:
- Some educational establishments require a TFI score for admission.
- You can add your TFI score and description to your résumés.
|Most Cégeps and Francophone Universities require that non Francophone students obtain a TFI score for admission.||You can demonstrate to employers your ability to use French in the workplace by including your TFI score and description on your resume.|
- La Cité universitaire francophone at the University of Regina is the only institution to offer the test in Saskatchewan.
- The test is taken in the Language Intitute Building of the University of Regina, room LI142.
- Many other canadian cities also offer the test: Charlottetown, Laval, Quebec, Toronto, Winnipeg, Jonquiere, Montreal, Vancouver, Kingston, Ottawa, Shippagan, Victoria.
|Test date||Registrations deadline||Score report mailing dates|
|February 18||February 9||February 24|
|March 18||March 9||March 24|
|April 22||April 13||April 28|
|May 20||May 11||May 26|
|June 17||June 8||June 23|
|July 22||July 13||July 28|
|Sept 16||August 5||Sept 25|
|Oct 14||Oct 3||Oct 23|
|Dec 9||Nov 29||Dec 18|
The test starts at noon and last approximately 2,5 hours.
Regular Service: $120 (+ GST)
Registrations are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Upon completion of the TFI, a Certificate and Test results are sent to the candidate.
The University of Regina offers students and guests short-term accommodation solutions at very competitive prices. If you would like to book a guestroom at the University of Regina, please go to www.uregina.ca/student/residence/hotel/ and fill in the Booking Form as requested.
Continuing Education Coordinator
La Cité universitaire fancophone, University of Regina